Saturday, September 7, 2013

THE TRAIN( A SHORT STORY ON TRAIN)


Written by Yasir 

I was born in an unheard village of India. Our village has suffered a lot from illiteracy and malnutrition including my family. We lived in utter starvation most of the days. Still, there was something in me which lacked from others, a goal to achieve something.

From the childhood onwards, I was crazy about trains, I loved to travel in it and even watching its movement added a great fun and joy to me. I had a certain amount of respect towards the motormen and always wanted to be a loco pilot. Everyone laughed at me with an air of sympathy. Even my family too was in a dilemma as I was the only one who stands light for them as my father went away some where soon after my birth. Thanks to my mentor and Teacher, I was directed towards the right direction and I could achieve my goal.

An era changed. I could lift my family from nowhere. Those who made me a joke, now watches me with utmost respect. Our village is no longer in the nightmare of starvation and gradually, the literacy rate got improved as well. Everything was moving well until it happened.

It was during noon time, my eyes met a moving object towards the train. Some impulse flashed through me that prompted to apply brake. That was the moment when I cursed my favourite vehicle, my job, the one which made my life. I couldn’t stop it at time in turn I smashed that person. I felt myself to be a killer that time.  I just wanted to quit my job, but the struggles faced to reach here pursued me to hold back.

The next day, I was literally shocked to see the newspaper.
"An old man found dead in a train accident”

You know, people……
I had no words to explain when I realized that the old man was actually my father who went away from us years ago..!!!!

And the villagers started calling me a 'murderer'!!
What a tough job is this?!
I became a killer of my own father!

My family, for whom I lived so far also cursed me and the next day, I found my mother and sister motionless on the railway track. Indirectly or what, I killed my own family. My God, you gave me gave me all the hopes through the Train and the same made my life buried in darkness.

Now, I'm resting in some sort of peace, waiting for my judgement for what I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment