Monday, May 7, 2018

A DAY TO LEARN AND SMILE

Written by Yasir

Today- 06th May 2018.
Yet another lazy Sunday. Weekends usually go with a lightning speed and at the end of most of the Sunday evenings, I used to feel that I’ve successfully wasted another weekend!

However, I had some plans before going to bed yesterday.

Today was the birthday of someone special. She is one of my best friends. Though I know her well, I never met her so far. So I thought it’s the right moment to meet her also. She stays around 25 km away from my place.

The plan was to reach there in the morning. The alarm was on time, but I was not. Guess what? I started at 1 pm. I knew it was late, but I was not ready to call her. I thought, let it be a surprise for her!

I made a birthday note to stick to the door in case she is not there. I also needed a refreshment from all the hectic schedule. So with a small gift for her, I started from home.

Even after waiting for half an hour to catch a bus, I couldn’t find any. I got one after walking a couple of kilometres.

The journey was smooth; reached the destination by 3 o’ clock. Thanks to the Google Maps, I reached her place somehow. It’s such a beautiful residential area. Calm & serene; completely conflicting with my place!

Hold on now, everything is good. But, the purpose was not met though. It was so unfortunate! She was not there. I should have reached a bit earlier. She is out & will be reaching late. What to do? I handed over the gift and note to the caretaker there.

Now, what’s next? I always had some backup plans. Now, this is fortunate! Two of my close friends stay within 3 km from her place. I could spend some quality time with them.

It was close to 9.15 PM when I returned back to home. I won’t get a direct bus to my place; need to catch a bus till the penultimate stop. So, I got in and reached the place by around 10 PM. To be fortunate, as soon as I got down, another bus came to my place. It was not having any passengers.  A young lady also got into the bus along with me. I’ll get down at the next stop. At the same time, from the conversation she had with the bus conductor, I understood that she is getting down on the last stop, which is nearly 5 more km from my place. All the breaking and shocking news which I’ve been hearing recently flashed through me.  I reached the place before I could decide something. I went to her and said,

“Please be careful; you are alone in the bus.”
It brought a sense of consciousness in her.  I noted down the vehicle number before leaving. I was seeing my own friend/sister in her place.

Finally, a beautiful day comes to an end with a beautiful smile. She waved at me when I got down from the bus.

Even though she is completely a stranger to me, I didn’t feel good leaving her alone in the bus.
The thoughts are still haunting me. I still believe I shouldn’t have left her alone in the bus, that too so late in the night.

“Dear friend,
I am not the one to judge anyone. It’s the experiences which tempt me to think and act. I strongly believe it was my responsibility to ensure your safety so as the conductor and driver in the bus. I hope that you’ve reached home safely.”

At the same time, I hope the birthday girl received her gift as well. You are the biggest reason behind such a good day!

“Different situations, different people; one life.”

That sums up the whole day!

No comments:

Post a Comment