Friday, October 11, 2013

A WALK THROUGH THE RAIN(A SHORT STORY ON RAIN)


Written by Yasir 

It was a Wednesday afternoon at our college. I was having a chat with my friends, sharing fun and laughing with our hearts open at the veranda. I just forget everything when I get involved in them. Such a deep relation always persists in between us.

The sun was crowned and enjoying his time. Meanwhile, I sensed some abrupt alterations to the climate. It was all of a sudden and the mighty sun was exiled by the emotional clouds. The grief was about to burst out so as the atmosphere wore the black cloth.

Yes...that was the moment..!

There were no starting troubles, the tears exploded with high intensity of voice and there she arrived, the spectacular rain..!

My class mates rushed outside and started watching the rain. Buddies started rolling the drops in their hands, forgetting to blink their eyes.

And where was me?

A violent temptation showered on me which ultimately induced me having a triumphant walk through the rain. Some of my friends were shouting at me, but I didn’t listen. The feeling I had then can never be described in mere words, but has to be experienced by oneself.
I closed my eyes and stood there for some time and the clouds started whispering their sad tales to me and finally, made me altogether, wept and wet. The clouds must have been relieved and I felt myself purified. I didn’t notice the time or things happening around me until the show finally was concluded.

My buddies were staring at me and laughing, “You’re really mad. You shouldn't have invited the illness to come to you.” - They suggested. Before I could utter a word, I heard a voice near me,

"You guys watch the rain.
But, I sense the rain.
That's the difference!! "

And soon I realized, there was a blind man standing beside me, enjoying the rain more than me..!

No comments:

Post a Comment